The Double Electrolyzer is a Double-Cell PEM electrolyzer for the production of hydrogen and oxygen. This cell can be used in electrolyzer mode for the production of hydrogen. Please see the technical specs for hydrogen production levels.
The electrolyzer provided in this set is maintenance-free. However, always remember to use fresh, distilled water each time and to drain the water from the storage tanks after use.
- Standard Hydrogen Production Rate: 30 mL/min
• Maximum Hydrogen Production Rate: 40 mL/min
• Standard Oxygen Production Rate: 15 mL/min
• Maximum Oxygen Production Rate: 20 mL/min
• Standard operating current: 2.15 A
• Maximum Operating Current: 3 A
• Weight: 2.2 oz
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.2″ x 1.6″ x 2.2″ (90 x 170 x 135 mm)
• This product is a redesign of the Electrolyzer Cell 10
About PEM Electrolyzers
The growing significance of PEM electrolyzers mirrors the development of fuel cells. Electrolyzers generate the hydrogen required by fuel cells from water in an environmentally conscious manner. The electrical energy required for this purpose can be gained from renewable sources such as solar cells, wind farms or hydroelectric plants.
Water reacts in the electrolyzer under the influence of electrical energy according to the following formula: 2H2O = 2H2 + O2. This process takes place in the MEA (membrane electrode assembly). The MEA consists of the cathode, the anode, and a special polymer membrane (PEM) which is permeable to protons but which presents a barrier to electrons. Your H-TEC Education electrolyzer functions on the PEM principle. The gases produced can be collected in storage tanks (H-TEC Storage 80). The energy stored in chemical form in the gases can be converted back to electrical energy in a fuel cell as and when required.